Businesses that are not able to keep pace with the changing marketing trends often struggle to be in the competition and in result create a negative impact on their audience. Moreover, they miss out on a lot of opportunities for growth.
The most successful organizations have one thing in common. What they do is analyze the latest trends in the market and create effective marketing strategies around them. This allows in helping them grow their audience and improves revenue; but also gives them an edge over their competitors.
These digital marketing trends are quite similar to the fashion world, where newer trends regulate the market with every new season. But the main trend stays similar every once in a while for much longer than expected. This concept is similar to the digital world and marketing.
If you are working on any particular brand, and wish for it to be successful then you have to be present on all social media platforms all over the internet across the globe. This must be done because, at the end of the day, the majority of the population spend most of their time on the internet surfing, working or getting informed on various topics. For this purpose, you need the support of digital marketing. A business can fully flourish or completely close down depending on how popular it is online and what is its image in front of people. The digital marketing trends allow your company to achieve heights as it shows all the major analytics and graphs related to the digital media on a single platform. It can tell about the pros and cons of the market as well as help your company to improve by removing your limitations by comparing it with other companies.
In this article, a compilation of top marketing trends are available, that will rule 2020. So, you should follow these trends and give a boost to your business-
- Content Is Still the King - When it comes to producing content for blogs, quality content marketing still matters. It is a crucial component of digital marketing as it once was, but today, the rules have changed a lot. Nowadays, Google will notice the content only if it is original, unique, long, and provides value to the reader. Otherwise, blog articles that don’t offer anything to the reader and are there just for the links seem to fall through the cracks.
- Voice Search – From the last couple of years, a new trend in digital marketing has paved its way. This is known as voice search and it has grown at an exponential rate. According to analytics, this trend is going to continue for the next many years, all credit goes to virtual assistants like Alexa, Siri, Bixby, Cortana, and Google Assistant. This can be a great opportunity for digital marketers as voice search offers excellent capabilities and is affordable too. By using a searchable SEO optimized keywords and content the digital marketing can take your brand to heights through voice search. For taking voice search to the optimized level, you have to follow some rules such as -
- Choose the keywords based on questions for your target customers.
- Optimize your site for smartphones and tablets.
- Try to create more local content, as most of the voice searches are carried out to find a local business.
- Create voice search-friendly content.
- Video Marketing – A large number of organizations are using live videos for their product demos and interviews etc. Video ads are increasing day by day and will keep growing in 2020. It’s because these videos help valuable customers to make better buying decisions and increase their likelihood of buying. It also broadens your brand’s reach and connects with audiences across media platforms such as YouTube and social media. For businesses, it is one of the easiest and powerful ways to reach and engage with their target audience. According to research around 80% of buyers prefer to watch live videos from their favorite brands. This video update helps your brand and organization to spread across a wide audience and can be more engaging. There are many benefits of such video updates as you can show a live demonstration and showcase your product with your salesperson and include an open discussion session. One of the best types of marketing is using video to tell customers stories about your brand in an excellent way.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – In the digital marketing field, AI is known for ages. It is another important trend that will continue to rise in 2020 and the upcoming years. It has the capability to turn the businesses into leveraging customer data and analyze their behavior. AI plays a crucial role in the search patterns and online behavior of marketing. At present, a large number of companies and organizations are already using this digital trend to improve their marketing strategies. It can analyze the behavior of consumers and make decisions accordingly. One of the best examples of AI in marketing is chatbot technology. A chatbot is an AI-enabled software that can make conversation with your customers in your absence. You can also execute AI for gaining a better understanding of consumers, optimizing online marketing stats, making sales predictions, and many more.
- Customer Experience - The days are gone when marketing was merely an act of convincing people to buy a product or service. Today, the majority of companies feel that experience of customers is one of the crucial factors in their buying decision. Therefore, you and your brand have to emphasize on offering better and productive customer experiences. So when you leave positive experience on your customers, it makes them joyous and it also helps in building a strong foundation of loyalty. This new trend of customer experience is going to flourish over the decades.
- Chatbots - Chatbots are the specially designed software tools that help in welcoming the visitors to the website and also offer them assistance in looking after their goals. These chatbots have a positive impact on consumers who visit the website for the very first time as they can ask and eliminate their queries by conversations with the brand and team through the chatbot. Their use feels natural as if you are talking to a human and this is the reason why they are gaining so much popularity. They have this amazing ability to mimic like humans, and for this reason, it can be incorporated into apps, live chat, email, and SMS platforms. The use of chatbots is growing from 2020 and it’s quite sure that consumers are now getting used to them and are considering them as ‘normal’. In fact, according to Gartner, chatbots will power 85% of all customer service interactions by the year 2020.
- Mobile Marketing - The customers nowadays view your website on various multimedia devices such as computers, tablets, and mobile devices. This is one of the crucial reasons that you have to focus on making the mobile-optimized websites and marketing methods. According to recent data, this is proved that consumers now spend more than six hours a day on their smartphones and most of this time is spent by watching videos on their mobile phones. In 2018, 52.2% of worldwide online traffic was generated through mobile phones. If you have not made any mobile marketing strategy, then it's high time to go for it now as it is not so difficult. This should begin by the content which you share with them should develop their brand awareness. You just have to remember that your mobile strategy will grow and evolve over time.
- Native ads - You have to focus on making native ads more reachable and productive. These ads attract customers according to their sentiments. In 2020, this has become a new digital marketing trend that can be used as per the demand of your brand. According to Business Insider, native advertising will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021. These ads look like normal content but have a small disclaimer above them stating that it is “sponsored content.” These can be leveraged through social media or through your website.
- Sentiment Analysis - This is the term used in digital media marketing to examine the responses of customers to a product or brand on social media, product reviews, and other websites. It is generally used to determine the emotional reviews of users through their content and data. The sentiment analysis is done using some data-collecting tools that are supported by Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology. This has been immensely used in social media marketing to gain the opinion of consumers for a specific topic. And it is helping marketers create powerful data-based marketing strategies that bring promising results. In order to connect a deep understanding of your customers’ response to a product or brand on any social media platform and website, you must put sentiment analysis into practice in the upcoming time.
To Know more, talk to our expert. Dial +91-9466544377